Sunday, December 13, 2009

P90X: My Current Schedule and thoughts


I am currently in my 4th round of P90X. Even after doing P90X for a year, I can still get sore from the workouts! This proves how great a well designed fitness program P90X is. P90X can get you ripped or toned, stronger, more flexible, and your endurance wil improve some as well. Every workout has a specific purpose for your body, whether it being a weight workout, cardio, or yoga/stretch. I'm sure everyone has seen bodybuilders and people who lift weights all the time. Ya, sure they are ripped and super strong, but how is their overall fitness? I bet most of them are not that flexible and would have a hard time running a mile. When you see these bodybuilders, all that muscle is just for show, it's not functional. P90X is such a great program because it makes your body more functional for everyday life, whether being an athlete or the everyday mom. P90X uses functional weight lifting routines and body weight excercises like push ups, pull ups, dips, and leg exercises, which also improve muscular endurance, not just strenght. Also, the "muscle confusion" of P90X prevents plateaus and you can continue to see great results in your body. The cardios from P90X also involve leg endurance, like Plyometrics, and balance and core strenght like Kenpo X. The workout Core Synergistics, combines both weights and cardio, making it a great full body and muscular endurance workout. One of the most important parts of P90X is yoga. Yoga improves flexibilty, balance, and breathing, which helps during cardios. It also makes your muscles funtional, so that it is not just for "show".

My typical workout schedule:

Monday - P90X Chest and Back or Chest, Shoulders, and Ttriceps. Killer Abs from One on One with Tony Horton.

Tueday - P90X Plyometrics

Wednesday - P90X Shoulders and Arms or Back and Biceps. 12/20 Abs from One on One with Tony Horton

Thursday - P90X Plus Interval X. The Fountain of Youth Yoga from One On One with Tony Horton (PM)

Friday - P90X Legs and Back. Killer Abs

Saturday - Insanity Plyometric Cardio Circuit

Sunday - P90X Yoga X

I usually workout at 5:30 A.M. before school, unless it is the weekend or the holidays! This is what works best for me, but you should workout whenever you have the time and you feel you are able to push yourself the best. I also like to use differnt ab rountines sometimes to confuse the abs. I don't usually have a day off, I like doing Yoga, which a consider as more of a recovery workout. It does not affect me by not having a day off, but remember that I am 16 and am an athlete, so I can recover fast. If you are just begging your fitness program, it is important to have a day of to let yourslef heal and recover, or you could do X Stretch. Always listen to your body, and if you need a day off, take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment